Meet the full C Major Scale as Do introduces us to Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La Ti & High Do!
In Solfege Slide, we…
- Learn that each note has a Solfege name
- Meet the full C Major scale in comparison with Do
- Sing back and forth between Do and the other Solfege notes (Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti)
If You Don’t Have an Instrument…
If you don’t have an instrument, focus on trying to sing along with each note. This is the first time we’re spending a decent amount of time with all the notes, so definitely focus on making sure your learner is following along with the colors and beginning to sing along.
You can also ask your child simple questions about what they learned in Solfege Slide...
- What are the Solfege names of all 8 notes?
- What are the colors of all 8 notes?
- Can you say the color then Solfege names as you go up the scale? What about going down?
Up next, we'll play a listening game called "What Note Is It?" to wrap up Chapter 1 of Preschool Prodigies. In Chapter 2, we'll focus on the differences between the Low Do and the High Do.